The Olive View Urgent Community Care Center is a new 10,800 square foot, single story building and serves as an outpatient medical office building. The project consists of observation room, holding room, group therapy room, waiting rooms, nurses station, administrative/medical file spaces, a conference room, offices, security stations, staff lounge with an outdoor lunch area, and showers/locker rooms. The Project achieved LEED Silver Certification.
Benefits to Environmental Resources
The project optimized energy performance and water use efficiency, enhanced the sustainability of the site, improved indoor and outdoor environmental quality, and maximized the use and reuse of sustainable, recycled, and local resources.
- Low VOC-emitting building materials throughout (Improved Air Quality)
- High efficiency plumbing fixtures including low flow urinals
- High efficiency landscape irrigation
- High efficiency mechanical systems zoned in alignment with the hours of use
- Site and building lighting to avoid light pollution
- High efficiency lighting and controls
- Use of bio-swales for storm water retention and ground water recharge
- Use of FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified wood
- Use of regional materials
Contribution to wellbeing of DPW and the County
The new facility enhances health and educational opportunities for residents and visitors to the facility.
Contribution to Economic Health
The project is an investment in public infrastructure and reduced operation and maintenance costs.