Brackett Field Airport
The County-owned airports are surrounded by noise sensitive residential
and commercial areas. In order to mitigate potential negative impacts
from aircraft operations and enhance compatibility with the surrounding
communities, the Department of Public Works maintains a proactive noise
mitigation program with requested VFR flight paths, operational
restrictions, and limited activities during certain hours of the day.
In consideration for the communities surrounding the County-owned
airports, pilots are requested to operate their aircraft in the
quietest practical manner consistent with safety and Air Traffic
- Runway 26 arrivals -- standard left-hand pattern.
- Runway 8 arrivals --non-standard right-hand pattern.
- No touch-and-go landings or pattern practice between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Avoid noise-sensitive areas whenever possible.
- 26L VFR departures --when speed and altitude permit, turn left 10 degrees at end of runway to remain over water until reaching west edge of reservoir.
- 26R VFR departures --day-use only -avoid homes along north shoreline. No turns before 57 Freeway.