Household Hazardous and Electronic Waste (HHW/E-Waste) collection events reopened with COVID-19 safety precautions. We ask that all attendees wear a face covering and remain in their vehicles with windows closed, if possible. Please stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, have been asked to quarantine, or have recently traveled internationally.
Event staff will only remove household hazardous and electronic waste from your trunk/pick-up bed. To dispose of sharps, you will be required to exit your vehicle and dispose of them in the designated area.
Protecting public health and the environment remains our highest priority and we look forward to resuming this beneficial program in a way that is safe for everyone. For more information, please contact (888) CleanLA.
The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Events, operated by the Los Angeles County and Sanitation Districts, are FREE one-day, drive-through collection events where residents can drop off
their HHW and electronic waste (e-waste). The collection schedule can be viewed here.
Most events are held on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and are open to all Los Angeles County residents. No appointment is needed.
In addition, all Los Angeles County residents may utilize the
City of Los Angeles S.A.F.E. permanent collection centers
(various locations), the Antelope Valley Environmental Collection
(Palmdale) or EDCO Recycling and Transfer Center
(Signal Hill) to properly dispose of HHW/E-Waste FREE of charge.
Please note that there is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of household hazardous waste per trip.
How to prepare for an HHW collection event:
- Pack HHW in cardboard boxes to avoid spillage during transport. Be prepared to leave your containers and boxes at the site.
- Keep items in their original containers. Do not mix products.
- Put like chemicals together. Separate unlike chemicals.
- Label materials that are not in their original containers.
- Make sure containers are not leaking and lids are tightly sealed.
- Put your boxes in your car trunk, away from passengers during transport. Remove all other items from the trunk.
- At the event, trained personnel will ask you to remain in your car while they remove the HHW from your trunk.
What we will NOT accept:
- HHW and electronic waste from businesses.
- Explosives, ammunition, marine flares, and radioactive materials.
- Controlled substances
- Trash and tires.
- White goods (refrigerators, stoves, washing machines, etc.)