Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

There's been a street light out in front of my house for almost a year now. Can I get an answer as to who IS supposed to handle this?

Almost all the street lights within the unincorporated area of the County are maintained by Southern California Edison (SCE). The following procedure may work best when reporting such problems to SCE:

- Click on the link below to SCE
- Click on “Outage Center"
- Click on "Report a Street Light Outage" on the menu to your left
- Fill in the form entirely, providing the street light pole number if it's on the pole.
- Include your email address to get confirmation that SCE will look into it within 24 hours.

You should receive two emails from SCE. The first is an automated response acknowledging your request. The second is from their Customer Communication Center with the Trouble Order Number for tracking your request with a contact name and telephone number.

You may also call SCE at 1-800-611-1911 to report street light outages in your neighborhood.

  SCE Website
street light OSD signs striping locksmith carpentry painting procurement supplies welding