Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

The street light in front of my house is not working.

Who do I report this to so that it can be fixed?

The answer primarily depends upon where you live.

Most street lights located in the unincorporated areas of the Los Angeles County and in many cities are maintained by Southern California Edison (SCE). Those lights can mostly be identified by the streetlight pole being a tall (35 feet) octagonal concrete pole or the streetlight is mounted on a wooden utility pole. Also, it is a SCE street light if there is an identifying code number embossed on a metal plate that is mounted on the pole. You may report problems with these street lights directly to SCE on their website. Use the "Contact Us" option. Then you'll see the option for reporting street light problems. A link to SCE is provided below.

If you live in the unincorporated County area and the streetlight does not provide any of the identifiers listed above, you may report the problem directly to Public Works using this FAQ system or by calling 1-800-675-HELP.

If you live in the City of Los Angeles you should contact the City of Los Angeles' toll free by dialing 311, or you may try contacting them through the website shown below.

If you your streetlight is not maintained by SCE or the City of Los Angeles you should report the outage directly to your city.

  City of Los Angeles Bureau of Street Lighting

  Southern California Edison
streetlight light OSD signs striping locksmith carpentry painting procurement supplies welding