Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I have oil that is mixed up with some water. Where can I dispose of it?

Thank you for your inquiry.

Oil mixed with water is considered hazardous waste and will be accepted at County's Household Hazardous/Electronic Waste Collection events, five permanent collection centers which are open to all residents of the County, the Antelope Valley Environmental Collection Center, or EDCO Recycling and Transfer Center.

County's roundups are held during the year in various locations throughout Los Angeles County.

Residents may call 1(888)CLEAN LA or click on the link below for upcoming collection events or information about the permanent collection centers and the Antelope Valley Center.

  HHW Collection Events

  Permanent HHW Collection Centers

  Los Angeles County Permanent Collection Centers
oil disposal, hazardous waste, auto fluids, certified center, used oil