Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What type of permit do I need to install a monitoring well? Do I then need an annual permit each year?

An Encroachment Permit is necessary for the installation of monitoring wells within the road right-of-way. Five sets of plans showing the location of each monitoring well, application form and all regulatory permits must be submitted to our permit office at 900 S. Fremont, Alhambra. An annual permit is required each year for the monitoring of each well located in the road right-of-way as stipulated in Title 16.18.010 of the County Codes.

  Encroachment Permit Application
wells CON contracts bids specifications