Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is the planning/permitting process for use of a sediment placement site?

To begin using a sediment placement site, the District must obtain permits from federal and state regulatory agencies, which include the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, State Regional Water Quality Control Board and State Department of Fish and Game. The District would also coordinate its effort with the local city and community members.