The Battle of The Schools Competition
The Battle of the Schools Competition is a waste reduction contest designed for students to reduce the amount of trash leaving their school campus. The competition is from December 1, 2012 through April 1, 2013. The school that diverts the most amount of trash per student from the waste stream wins first prize. A school can enter the contest at any time, but must submit results for at least two weeks.
Interested in your school competing in the Battle of The Schools Competition?
- All Los Angeles middle schools and high schools are invited to participate in Generation Earth's Battle of the Schools Waste Reduction and Recycling Competition.
- The Battle of the Schools is designed to encourage students to reduce the amount of "trash" generated at their schools, recycle as many materials as possible at their schools and help them create a school campus that is cleaner and greener.
- Remember ALL middle schools and high schools (public and private) in Los Angeles County are eligible to participate in Battle of the Schools.
- Admission is on a continuous basis during the entire contest period.
- Small schools have just as good of a chance of winning the competition as large schools.
- The top three schools will receive beautiful 100% recycled glass trophies. These trophies will be inscribed with the name of your school, "Battle of the Schools Competition" and your place among the top 3 winners (1st, 2nd, or 3rd Place).