Zone 1B Whites Canyon
This median located in the Saugus area on Plum Canyon Road was completely refurbished after Santa Clarita fires in 2007. The median is landscaped with shrubs, trees, groundcover and is irrigated by a subterranean & irrigation system and the sophisticated solid state controllers link to a central control system located in the district's office.
Plant material includes Red Spire trees (Pyrus calleryana), Myopurum (Myoporum parvifolium), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), Lily of the Nile (Agapanthus a.), Daylily (Hemerocallis), and Indian Hawthorne (Rhaphiolepis indica).
Services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Trimming and pruning of trees, shrubs and ground cover
- Pest control applications and Integrated Pest Management
- Fertilization of plant material
- Staking and guying of trees and monitoring
- $15.55 per Equivalent Benefit Unit (EBU)
- 1,707 parcels and 1,606 EBUs
- Variations in benefit exist between parcels within this Zone and a more appropriate allocation of benefit is based on EBU rather than a per parcel method of apportionment. The cost to be assessed on each parcel is determined by dividing the total amount to be assessed by the number of assessable parcels within the Zone and subsequently multiplied by the individually assigned EBUs. The following are the EBU equivalents for various property types:
- Taxable Parcels=1 EBU/unit, Apartment=0.7 EBU/unit, Condominium=0.8 EBU/unit, Commercial=5 EBU/gross acre