Zone 78 Old Road Area Wide
This zone is located in a commercial business district of Valencia (Santa Clarita). The Center Medians located on Magic Mountain Parkway (East/West) and on The Old Road parkways (North/South).
This zone consists of 1.21 acres of irrigated planted medians, subterranean (drip) irrigation system. Plant material consists of groundcover, trees, and shrubs. Groundcover is Rosemarinus Officinalis P. - Rosemary, Myporum Parvifolium "Putah Creek". Shrubs are Rhaphiolepis Indica "Clara", Rhaphiolepis Umbellata "Minor", and Rosa Bankiae "Lutea". Trees are Schinus Molle - California Pepper, Quercus Agrifolia - Coast Live Oak, and Lagerstroemia "Indica" - Crape Mrytle.
Services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Irrigation system maintenance and management.
- Fertilization of plant material
- Trimming and pruning of trees, shrubs, and groundcover and weed control
- Pest and weed control
- $698.32 per parcel
- 21 parcels and 41 EBUs
- Variations in benefit exist between parcels within this Zone and a more appropriate allocation of benefit is based on EBU rather than a per parcel method of apportionment. The cost to be assessed on each parcel is determined by dividing the total amount to be assessed by the number of assessable parcels within the Zone and subsequently multiplied by the individually assigned EBUs. The following are the EBU equivalents for various property types:
- Non-Residential=1 EBU/unit, Vacated Right-of-Way=0.5 EBU/unit, Exempt=0 EBU/gross acre