Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I don't know if this is the right department, but I have a question and hope you can answer it. If this is not the right department will you forward it to the right department? My husband and I are looking at a 20 acre piece of property located in LA county, on Big Pines Hwy just west of Largo Vista Rd. I have a copy of the county Assessor's map T.4 N., R. 9 W. parcel number 4, code 4666. We have a geological survey map showing the property in the San andreas Rift Zone. My question is, can a residential home be built on this property? Can you send us the CC &Rs, and the owners name and address?

Thank you

Zoning information may be obtained by contacting the Department of Regional Planning at (213) 974-6411. Public counter hours are 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday.

Although not required, you may wish to schedule a "One Stop" counseling appointment in order to obtain additional information from representatives of the Department of Public Works, the Fire Department and Regional Planning staff. You may schedule a "One Stop" appointment by calling (213) 974-6438. One Stop" meetings are held at the Department of Regional Planning, 320 West Temple Street, Los Angeles.

County of Los Angeles Department of Regional Planning
Hall of Records (13th Floor)
320 West Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 974-641

  County of Los Angeles Dept. of Regional Planning
BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check