Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

On unincorporated 2.5 acre plot in the West Antelope Valley that has an existing manufactured home on it:
1. Must I pull permits to pour a concrete slab in the back yard?

2. What is the maximum size for detached patio cover/carports that do not require a permit? (I hear different stories from different salespersons, so thought I'd go to the experts.)



1. Platforms and walkways not more than 30 inches above grade do not need a building permit, but it is recommended that you contact the Regional Drainage and Grading Engineer located at the Antelope Valley District Office at (661) 723 4444 to verify that the scope of work does not require a grading permit.

2. A building permit is required to construct patio covers and carport structures. Please contact the Antelope Valley District Office at the address indicated below if you have further questions.

Antelope Valley District Office
335A East Avenue K-6
Lancaster, CA 93535
(661) 723 4440

BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check