Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What are the requirements for building a single family residence in a flood zone area? And what are the requirements for septic systems in such areas?

Please contact the Regional Drainage and Grading Engineer assigned to the Santa Clarita District Office at (661) 222-2957 to obtain information regarding construction in a flood zone area.

Department of Public Works Building and Safety
Santa Clarita District Office
23757 Valencia Blvd.
Valencia, CA
(661) 222-2940

Please contact the County of Los Angeles Department of Environmental Health at (626) 430-5380 regarding construction of a private sewage disposal system, a link is provided for your convenience.

  Procedures for Private Sewage Disposal System
flood BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check