Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Where can I get a permit to repair my roof? Do I need a permit to remodel my bathroom and kitchen?

A building permit is required to alter or repair your dwelling. If structural, plumbing, electrical or mechanical work is proposed to remodel your bathroom and kitchen, permits will be required for the respective disciplines. Please contact the Building and Safety Lomita District Field Office for permit information.

County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works
Building and Safety Division
Lomita District Office
24320 South Narbonne Ave
Lomita, CA
(310) 534-3760

  Residential Building Code Requirements
permits BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check