Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I live in the county section of Pasadena and my house is on a septic system. Most of the houses in this area have been connected to the main sewer that was installed a few years ago. What is the process for connecting my house to the main sewer line?

The process to connect to the county public sewer begins at the at a local Building and Safety District Office with an application for a sewer permit. If your lot does not have an existing lateral, a saddle permit is required with approval from the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works Construction Division for road excavations and encroachments. If you have further questions please contact your local Building and Safety District Office. A link to locate the district office in your area is provided below.

sewer permit BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check