Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I live in the City of Los Angeles and have a complaint regarding the amount of garbage kept on my neighbor's property. I am concerned about health hazards. Who can check on this property?

For complaints regarding property violations with the jurisdiction of the City of L.A., please contact the City's Department of Building and Safety Code Enforcement at 888-LA4-BUILD or complete an online Customer Service Report at the link below.

  City of Los Angeles Building and Safety
property violation, garbage, trash, health, hazard, substandard EPD Environmental Hazardous Underground Tank Regulation Waste Discharge Quality Monitoring Industrial Garbage Disposals Composting Gardening Recycle recycling trash health collection batteries battery gardens landfills dumping gas SUSMP refuse oil tires HHW e-waste yard worm methane junk reuse exchange ust ugt earth vermiculture sanitation recipes green grasscycle gdd ambiental peligroso regulaci¿n subterr¿nea tanque desecho calidad descargue disposicion basura abono organico jardineria reciclar reciclaje salud coleccion baterias jardines relleno sanitario tirar descargar aceite llantas electr¿nico yarda gusano metano trastos reusar intercambiar tierra vermicultura saneamiento recetas verde pasto graffiti