Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I need to post a Grading Permit Security, and would like to know to whom the Certificate of Deposit (CD) or Note should be payable: "Public Works, Los Angeles County"? Can I Have two CD's, similar to 50% Cash or Bond? How long should the CD be set up for?

The CD should be made payable to "Los Angeles County Public Works." Two CDs are acceptable and may be set up for 6 months or one year with automatic renewals.

Please contact our Customer Service Securities desk at (626) 458-6534 to obtain information on processing a CD. Please note that bank’s ratings will need be reviewed and approved. Customer Service will provide the necessary forms for completion and return. If the Treasurer and Tax Collector approves the bank’s rating, the customer can then provide a CD to fulfill the requirements.

Securities for Construction, Certificates of Deposit Financial budget auditing FIS Fiscal accounting cashiering payables receivables audits FAS invoice