Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I would like copies of the building permit for the second home on the lot in question. In addition I would like a copy of the certificate of occupancy. I believe that the original address is 1832 E. 110th st, the second home on the lot has an address of 1834 E. 110th st. It was built last year (2004) around November.
Question #1
Can I get these documents on line ?
Question #2
If i can not get them on line, what specific office do i need to go to in order to get a copy of them.
Question # 3
What is it going to cost me to get the documents?
Question # 4
Can I get a copy or does the owner on title need to go in?

Thank you for contacting the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works. The information you requested is available from the City of Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety, who has jurisdiction over the area and addresses in question. They may be contacted via the web-link provided below, or by calling 1-888-LA4-BUILD. Thank you for your inquiry.

  City of L.A. Building and Safety
permits, certificate of occupancy BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check