Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I own and live in a 4 unit building with a small front lawn. I currently do not have any parking on the property. I would like to pave part of the front lawn to create a parking area and would need to create an easement from the street onto the yard to do this. is this possible? if so, I expect I would need a permit to create an easement from street to parking. where would I obtain it?

Thank you for contacting the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works. Your property is located in the incorporated City of Los Angeles, over which the County Department of Public Works does not have jurisdiction. As such, you may contact the city with your inquiry. We have provided a link to their website below for your convenience. Thank you.

  City of L.A. website
pave driveway parking BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check