Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I am removing a wall in my bathroom to expand the shower as well as repositioning the drain valve. Also, I am creating a walk in closet. What, if any, permits would be required?

Thank you for contacting the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works. For the work described in the inquiry above, building, plumbing, and possibly electrical permits will be required. Based on the location, you may visit our Arcadia Building and Safety District Office at 125 S. Baldwin Avenue to obtain these permits. The office may be reached by phone for further inquiries at 626-974-0941. Thank you.

renovation remodel move wall drain permits BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check