Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Who can I refer citizens to when they are reporting a bee hive in a tree or building on County road right of way? Also, who can I refer them to if they live in County area and the bee hive is located on private property?

Thank you for your patience, and for using Los Angeles County's FAQ system. According to the address information that you provided, we are unable to determine whether you are located in the jurisdiction of Los Angeles County. Therefore the following information only applies if you are located within our jurisdiction.

Below I have provided a link, titled Road Maintenance, that gives the contact information for the Road Maintenance Division. Please contact them in regards to a bee hive that is located on a tree or building in a Los Angeles County road right of way.

If the bee hive is located on a tree in private property, please utilize the Los Angeles County Vector District Control links that I have provided below, as they will be able to assist you further with your questions.

Thank you again for your inquiry.

  Road Maintenance

  Los Angeles County Vector District Control 1

  Los Angeles County Vector District Control 2
bee hive, bee, bees, insect, pests, hive, bugs, bug BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check