Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I obtain mosquito larvae eating fish?

The fish you are referring to are called mosquitofish and are intended to be used for stocking ornamental ponds, unused or "out-of-order" swimming pools, and animal water troughs. The Greater Los Angeles County Vector Control District provides FREE mosquitofish to all District residents for placement on their property only. Please call the District Headquarters at (562) 944-9656 or the Sylmar Branch at (818) 364-9589 to request FREE mosquitofish for your home. A Vector Control Specialist will deliver them to your address within 24 hours.

  Greater Los Angeles County Vector Control

  Mosquitofish - Vector Services & Information
mosquito mosquitofish Public Relations customers media press news tours volunteers newsletters logo community government flyer web design