Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

We are installing groundwater monitoring wells under an RWQCB approved workplan. Do we need to obtain well permits from LA County? If so where can I get the forms online and what fees are involved?

Construction of wells within the County of Los Angeles requires a permit from the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services. They can be contacted at:

Los Angeles County Department of Health Services
Water and Sewerage Program
5050 Commerce Drive
Baldwin Park, CA 91706
Phone: (626) 430-5380

If the work is being conducted in the cities of Long Beach, Pasadena, or Vernon, city specific permits are required. The information for these cities and other well permitting information can be found at the following California Department of Water Resources website:

Groundwater wells WRD SWE hydrology sedimentation hydraulic hydrological wells groundwater rainfall conservation depth precipitation alert gauges stormwater engineering