Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What can I do about towing away cars that have not been moved for over 48 hours? There is a vehicle parked in front of my house without license plates that has not been moved for days.

Thank you for contacting the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works. Parking violations and citations are administered through the LA County Sheriff's Department. Please call your local sheriff to report the vehicle in question. Thank you for your inquiry.

car parking sheriff violation tow BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check