Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I am looking for some information regarding a production well. I know the well number but is not located on the map, possibly because it might no longer be a producing well. Who can I contact to research or to submit a research request?

Some wells we currently maintain may initially were production wells but are now used as observation or injection wells for our seawater barrier projects. Information on wells owned and operated by Los Angeles County Department of Public Works can be obtained by calling our Water Resources Division's Public Counter at (626) 458-6120, 7AM-5PM, Monday through Thursday.

wells WRD SWE hydrology sedimentation hydraulic hydrological wells groundwater rainfall conservation depth precipitation alert gauges stormwater engineering