Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Does your Department study the erosion process termed "dry ravel" in San Gabriel Mountains watersheds?

The Department of Public Works/Water Resources Division does not monitor dry ravel.

One possible source maybe the United States Forest Service, Angeles National Forest office. Their website address is

WRD SWE hydrology sedimentation hydraulic hydrological wells groundwater rainfall conservation depth precipitation alert gauges stormwater engineering