Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I am buying some property and I would like to have the land surveyed.

Would this be done by the county? If not, how would I do this?

The County of Los Angeles does not perform land surveys for private citizens. Utilization of our surveying services is confined to County interests and projects.

You would need to contract with a Professional Land Surveyor to assist you with your needs. I would suggest looking for a Land Surveyor in your local telephone directory, or you may wish to contact the Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.

The Board has a list of all licensed Land Surveyors in the State of California and you can confine a search to those in your local area.

The Board can be contacted at:

SMPM Mapping investigations appraisals maps properties boundaries annexations cadastral aerial SMP surveys surveying topographic benchmarks cadastral geodetic aerial survey