Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What are the criteria for K-12 students to qualify for a subsidized bus pass? The website refers to unincorporated areas of the county. Which are those?

Students (Kindergarten through 12th grade) who are residents of the unincorporated County areas are eligible to participate in the Los Angeles County's Bus Pass Subsidy Program with the MTA. Students need to obtain age and residency certification, by providing proof of residency, along with a completed application for an MTA Student ID card.

Also, please visit our website at for detailed information on the County's Bus Pass Subsidy Program.

If you have any further questions, please contact Ms. Vanessa Rachal at (626) 458-5960.

Bus Pass Subsidy PDD Programs coordinating administering transit buses shuttles paratransit bike trail bicycle bicyclist cyclist