Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Can I get permit to build a house on vacant land?

Please contact the County of Los Angeles Department of Regional Planning for answers to your land use and zoning questions. A link is provided below for your convenience.

Department of Regional Planning
Hall of Records (13th Floor)
320 West Temple Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Telephone: (213) 974-6411

  LA County Department of Regional Planning
BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check