Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Upon doing a large room addition can I install a kitchenette. Or is it permitted to build a quest house on the property for my mother to stay in?

It is recommended that you contact the Building and Safety District Office serving your area to verify when the Regional Planning representative will be available to answer your questions regarding a guest unit. Links for the County of Los Angeles Building and Safety District Office locations and the Department of Regional Planning are provided below for your convenience.

  Department of Regional Planning

  County of Los Angeles District Offices
BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check