Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I am a resident of Val Verde, California. We recently had some very severe flooding that caused mudslides and other damage. I have mud that is three feet deep piled against the back of my house. I have many questions such as are there people who will help me get my house out of the mud? Where do I put the dirt if I am lucky enough to find people to help me? etc...
Any help you could give me would be very appreciated!
Thank you.

Please contact the Santa Clarita District Office indicated below and request an inspection to determine if the condition must be referred to the Geotechnical Engineering Division of the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works.

If the soil moved will remain on your lot please contact the Regional Drainage and Grading Engineer located at the Santa Clarita District Office to verify the requirements for any proposed grading and to answer questions.

Also, for your information a link is provided to a homeowner's guide for flood, debris, and erosion control

Santa Clarita District Office
23757 Valencia Blvd.
Valencia, CA
(661) 222 2940

  Homeowners Guide
mudslide BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check