Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I have a guy who is putting in a sliding door. Does he need T-24 Energy Calcs? If so, is there a simple form for meeting Package D requirements or does the project need to be modeled by computer?

Alterations that add fenestration area do not require energy calculations if the fenestration product (i.e. sliding glass door) has a maximum .75 U-factor and meets the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient requirement of the Alternative Component Package D for the respective climate zone. Compliance can be documented on a Certificate of Compliance form CF-1R, a link is provided below for your convenience.

  Certificate of Compliance (CF-1R)
sliding door or windows BSD buildings safety plumbing mechanical electrical structural codes structures permits permitting plans blueprints ordinances built fences walls inspections occupancy heating ventilation conditioning energy zoning EDAPTS pools garages septic remodeling patios UBC IBC roofs heater plan check