Zone 21 Sunset Pointe
Fiscal Year 18-19 Updates:
Based on projected revenues and expenses, the Zone will
not have sufficient funds to maintain a full level of service through Fiscal Year 2018-19.
Therefore an increase in assessments will be required to maintain solvency of the Zone.
Community outreach was conducted in early 2018 with the Proposition 218 vote scheduled
for July 2018. If this attempt to raise assessments fails, the District will move forward with
detachment of the Zone.
Zone 21, Sunset Pointe, consists of approximately 20 acres of open space comprised of private slopes and flat areas within a community east of The Old Rd from Sagecrest Circle (south) to Sagecrest Circle (north).
Services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Turf Care
- Irrigation system maintenance and management
- Fertilization of plant material
- Trimming and pruning of trees, shrubs, and groundcover
- Pest and weed control
- Brush Clearance
- $750 per Equivalent Benefit Unit (EBU)
- 265 parcels and 292 EBUs
- Variations in benefit exist between parcels within this Zone and a more appropriate allocation of benefit is based on EBU rather than a per parcel method of apportionment. The cost to be assessed on each parcel is determined by dividing the total amount to be assessed by the number of assessable parcels within the Zone and subsequently multiplied by the individually assigned EBUs. The following are the EBU equivalents for various property types:
- Single Family=1 EBU/unit, Apartment=0.7 EBU/unit, Condominium=0.8 EBU/unit, Commercial=1 EBU/gross acre