Zone 25 Stevenson Ranch
Fiscal Year 18-19 Updates:
The iconic, community Deodara Cedar Tree was replaced in
March 2018. Due to the declining health of the tree within its existing planter, the planter and
tree were removed and replaced with a new, 60-foot tall tree. Site restoration and
improvements are scheduled to be completed by Summer 2018.
This Zone is located in Newhall, above the Old Road between Pico Canyon and McBean Parkway. This area consists of approximately 15 acres of turf, 219 acres of planted slopes and flat areas (211 acres are irrigated by conventional and 8 acres by point irrigation systems), 20 acres of fire protection areas, 20 acres of natural areas. There are approximately 7,026 trees, including 6,500 ornamental trees (1,000 large-size, 3,000 medium-size, and 2,500 small-size), 506 non-specimen oak trees (6 medium-size, and 500 small size), and 20 specimen oak trees.
This Zone contains a diverse landscape with assorted varieties of trees and shrubs, including Oaks, Pines, California Peppers, Crape Myrtles, African Sumacs, Sycamores, Alders, Camphors and many other varieties. Shrubs include but are not limited to Acacia, Rosemary, Cotoneaster, Arbutus, Ceanothus, Gazania, Texas Rangers, Rhaphiolepis, Bottlebrush, Vinca, and many California Natives.
Services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Irrigation system maintenance and management
- Tree trimming every 3 years, pruning of shrubs and groundcover
- Pest and weed removal
- Weed abatement
- Removal of trash in common areas and maintenance of Doggie Stations
- $642.04 per Equivalent Benefit Unit (EBU)
- 3,683 parcels and 3,874 EBUs
- Variations in benefit exist between parcels within this Zone and a more appropriate allocation of benefit is based on EBU rather than a per parcel method of apportionment. The cost to be assessed on each parcel is determined by dividing the total amount to be assessed by the number of assessable parcels within the Zone and subsequently multiplied by the individually assigned EBUs. The following are the EBU equivalents for various property types:
- Single Family=1 EBU/unit, Multi Family=0.75 EBU/unit, Senior Apartments=0.5 EBU/unit