Zone 26 Emerald Crest
This zone covers approximately 2 acres and is located in Quartz Hill (Palmdale), on the corner of 40th Street West and L-8.
Plant material consists of groundcover, trees, and shrubs. Groundcover is Rosemary officinalis "Irene" Rosemary. Shrubs are Xylosma congestum "Compacta", Shiny Leaf Xylosma, Juniperus sabina "amarisacifolia" - Tamarix Juniper, and Cotoneasters glaucphylla - Bright Brad. Trees are Pistachia chinensis - Chinese Pistache.
Services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Irrigation system maintenance and management
- Fertilization of plant material
- Trimming and pruning of trees, shrubs, and groundcover
- Pest and weed control
- $145.25 per Equivalent Benefit Unit (EBU)
- 134 parcels and 134 EBUs
- Variations in benefit exist between parcels within this Zone and a more appropriate allocation of benefit is based on EBU rather than a per parcel method of apportionment. The cost to be assessed on each parcel is determined by dividing the total amount to be assessed by the number of assessable parcels within the Zone and subsequently multiplied by the individually assigned EBUs. The following are the EBU equivalents for various property types: