Zone 28 Vista Grande
Fiscal Year 18-19 Updates:
Based on projected revenues and expenses, the Zone will not have
sufficient funds to maintain a full level of service through Fiscal Year 2018-19. Therefore an
increase in assessments will be required to maintain solvency of the Zone. Community
outreach will be conducted in late 2018 with a Proposition 218 vote tentatively scheduled for
mid 2019. If this attempt to raise assessments fails, the District will move forward with
detachment of the Zone.
Zone 28, Vista Grande, consists of approximately 5.5 acres of slopes, open space and private streets within a private community along the south side Potrero Grande Drive, just west of San Gabriel Boulevard. The landscaping and other facilities include shrubs, turf, plants, trees, automatic irrigation systems, light standards, curbs, street paving, and other appurtenant improvements. The groundcover, shrubs, and trees are comprised a variety of plant species including acacia longifolia, acacia redolens, and gazania splendens. Landscape maintenance of Vista Grande is provided throughout various areas within the private community including along slopes adjacent to homes, open space, and parkways along private streets.
Services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Turf Care
- Irrigation system maintenance and management
- Fertilization of plant material
- Trimming and pruning of trees, shrubs, and groundcover and weed control
- Pest and weed control
- Hardscape care and DG path erosion control
- $1048.97 per parcel
- 84 parcels
- The cost to be assessed on each parcel is determined by dividing the total amount to be assessed by the number of assessable parcels within the Zone.