The Southern California Conversion Technology Project is an initiative of the County of Los Angeles and spearheaded by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works, Environmental Programs Division.
Department of Public Works
The County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works’ mission is to provide public infrastructure and municipal services to protect and enrich the daily lives of over ten million people in Los Angeles County. The Department is responsible for six core service areas:
• Public Buildings – we design and deliver high performing public facilities for people and services to thrive.
• Waste Management – we lead, inspire, and support our communities toward a healthy, waste-free future.
• Water Resources – we provide sustainable water supplies and healthy watersheds, while reducing flood risk for our communities.
• Transportation – we provide safe, clean, efficient transportation choices and rights-of-way to enhance mobility and quality of life.
• Development services – we help people build their dreams and ensure safe, healthy homes and communities.
• Emergency Management – as public safety partners and first responders, we maintain a highly trained and equipped workforce to respond to and recover from daily incidents, local emergencies, and major disasters.
To find out more about the Department of Public Works, please visit http://dpw.lacounty.gov.
Environmental Programs Division
The Department of Public Works Environmental Programs Division (EPD) is dedicated to preserving the environment and protecting public health through a variety of innovative functions. EPD proactively implements and administers programs in the areas of solid waste recycling and disposal, landfill design, hazardous and industrial waste management, underground storage tanks, and industrial wastewater discharge to public sewer systems.
One of EPD's long-term goals is to research and implement state-of-the-art technologies to convert municipal solid waste into electricity, green fuel, and other useful products. Such vision and ambition demonstrate EPD's commitment toward fostering communities where residents live and work in a safe, clean, and sustainable environment, through engineering and ingenuity.
This website focuses on the County’s conversion technology project, for more information about the County’s other environmental programs, please visit www.CleanLA.com and Green.LACounty.gov.
If you would like to ask a question, provide feedback, or have a comment or suggestion, click here to submit your inquiry.