- Your Water
- Customer Service
- Forms & Reports
Cash for Grass Rebate Program
For the Cash for Grass Rebate Program, the Districts are offering property owners a rebate for replacing grass or lawn areas with water-efficient landscaping. We are currently offering customers a rebate of $1 per square foot of grass that is replaced with drought tolerant landscaping.
Cash for Grass Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Cash for Grass Rebate Program?
How long will this program last? Is there enough funding for my application?
How long does it take to get pre-approval?
Do you have a list of recommended contractors?
How long does it take to get a rebate check?
My project was recently completed. Can I still apply for the rebate?
I am interested but need financial assistance. Is assistance available for customers to finance a replacement project?
- Must be a customer of the Los Angeles County Waterworks District Nos. 21, 37, or 40
- Grass areas to be replaced must be maintained and should not be overgrown with weeds or brush.
- Customers with brown or yellow grass are still eligible for the program. The condition of the grass can be verified through historical aerial photography
- Customers will have six (6) months to complete the conversion project and can immediately stop watering the grass area to be replaced
- Please note, local city ordinances regarding lawn maintenance are only applicable to maintenance. Customers will not be fined for brown/yellow lawn areas
- New landscaping must include, but is not limited to:
- Native or drought-tolerant plants
- Mulch or Decomposed Granite
- Un-grouted stepping stones
- Artificial turf
- Permeable hardscape