Los Angeles County Public Works Building & Safety Response Regarding COVID-19
For the protection of the public and our employees, all
County facilities are currently closed
to the public. Public Works is open for online business and our staff is readily available to assist you by telephone
or e-mail. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need our assistance.
- For more information regarding closures of County facilities please click here
How to obtain permits
- To apply and obtain permits for a project located in Unincorporated Los Angeles County, please apply on EPIC LA
- To apply and obtain permits for a project located in one of our Contract Cities, please apply on BSOP
- To find out which office serves your project location, please use our Service Locator
- To help determine which website to apply with, please use the EPIC LA Permit Helper
For office contact information, please click here.
A list of our offices and an interactive map will be found near the bottom of the page. Specific section contact information are also located on this page.
Important documents regarding permits can be found here
Virtual Inspections a quick and convenient option
Save time and trouble with a convenient Virtual Inspection of your home project. Some permit holders can schedule a convenient and less-intrusive inspection using their smartphone or tablet, with Skype, Facetime, or another web-based site. See if your home project may qualify. Virtual inspections reduce wait times for re-inspection of minor corrections. Contact your inspector to see if you can get out your device, your flashlight and tape measure, and take a virtual look at your home improvement project.
Take action to reduce wildfire danger
Protect your home from wildland fires. Hot summer days mean hotter temperatures, drier conditions and increased wildfire danger. There are active steps property owners can take to protect their structures from wildfire hazards. Keep your family safe.
Prepare your home and property for wildfires with LA County Fire’s video, Harden Your Home:
LA County Fire’s video, Harden Your Home